Dr. L. Malone.
Academic Technologist | Instructor of Black media and Digital Storytelling
Lauren A. Malone
I’m a military brat who started life in Texas, and ended up in Iowa. I graduated from Iowa State University with a PhD in Rhetoric and Professional Communication. The title of my dissertation was Intersectional Digital Rhetoric Pedagogy: Queer & Trans People of Color and Online Platform Engagement. It explored the ways in which QTPoC communicate on networked online platforms, and what instructors can do to teach digital literacy in anti-oppressive ways. My current academic interests include Black rhetoric, digital media and identity, game studies, and DEI communication in business.
African American Literature
Digital Research & Storytelling
Black Media Studies
- Designed and ran pre-semester trainings on LMS for faculty
- Acted as LMS support for 500+ faculty and staff during the 20-21 school year
- Created course shells & templates for First Year Experience program
- Led trainings on academic technology during the semesters and summer
- Created and provided technical documentation (written and video) for academic technology offered at Trinity
- Provided guidance in regards to DEI considerations for technology and worked as a part of the Digital Accessibility Committee
- Worked with 3rd party representatives to introduce technology to faculty
- Used Adobe Creative Suite, Google Suite, Renderforest, and other software to create training resources.
- Created prototype training resources with Articulate 360
- Instructor of record for one class per semester. Online and face to face course.